Welcome to my Travel Diary, AKA Hitting Eject Version 1.0
Let’s begin with a warning: this is rough.
If you want to see someone go from leaving a dead-end job in Canada, half a year in Australia, and eventually stumbling my way into China (with several countries and hurdles in between), then this is the right spot for you!
I’m leaving it up primarily to show how writing consistently, every day, can help to significantly improve your skills within a fairly short time frame. In all, there are just under a year’s worth of days, plus the odd idea post. Seems long, but as they say, the best day to start was yesterday. The second best is today.
My principles were:
- Add as much value per post as possible
- Do something worth writing about, or think something worth reading
- Don’t miss a day
And that’s it. If you decide to check it out, I hope you enjoy.
- Main Page
- Leaving Canada (Day 1)
- Moving out of the Hostel (due to rats and bedbugs; Day 18)
- First day at my week of door-to-door charity sales (Day 78)
- First day at Paella Restaurant (used my door-to-door skills to get a new job; Day 90)
- Indonesia (Day 106)
- Moving to Melbourne (Day 127)
- First Day Back in Canada (China rejects visa, becomes weekly idea posts; Day 148)
- China (Day 1)
- Japan (Day 174)
- Cambodia (Day 186)
- Final Return to Beijing (Last Journal Post; Day 191)